Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dinner In a Pumpkin Recipe

I've had several people ask about my 'Dinner In a Pumpkin', so I decided to post the recipe. It is SUPER EASY & FUN!!!
You will need:

1 Medium Pumpkin
1 onion, chopped
2 TBS Oil
1-1/2-2 lbs. of ground beef
2 TBS Soy Sauce
2 TBS Brown Sugar
1 (4oz) Can sliced mushrooms (drained)
1 (10-3/4-oz) can Cream-of-chicken Soup
1-1/2 cups cooked rice
1(8oz) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
Clean out your pumpkin, draw a face w/a sharpie, Preheat the oven to 350*.
Saute onions in oil then add meat and brown (when I cook the meat I add my regular seasonings, season salt & garlic salt). Drain your drippings from pan then add soy sauce, brown sugar, mushrooms and soup. Simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally. Add cooked rice and water chestnuts. Spoon mixture into the cleaned pumkpin shell. Replace pumpkin top then place entire pumpkin onto a cookie sheet then into the oven. (before you preheat the oven make sure your racks are adjusted to fit your pumpkin (it's pretty heavy once its filled). Bake for 1 hour or until pumpkin meat is tender. Don't forget to scoop out some of the pumpkin for your veggie!! Super yummy!!!

No comments: